Thursday, April 4, 2013

Trying to be more like HER

We all have people we look up to in life.  People who inspire us to want to be better who show us the way life is meant to be. 
I have a very special person whom I look up to.  Look down would be a better choice of words because the person who does this for me is my 5 year old (almost 6) baby girl Brylie.  I am not sure what God was thinking when he sent me such an amazing little spirit, but I am sure he knew she was what each and every family member needed in their lives.  I am blessed to be her mom, her friend, her teacher and her pupil.


Words alone can't express how I feel about this little girl and what a profound effect she has on me and my life.  Brylie is only 5 yet she is so wise beyond her years.  Anyone and everyone who comes in contact with Brylie is drawn in to her.  She does something to people, she brings out the best in every one and when you are around her you just can't help but feel happiness and joy. 

As most everyone knows these last few months have been hard on me.  Losing my brother was the hardest thing I have gone through in my life.  Not only because I lost him but because my little girl lost her uncle who she loves and adored.  Things are getting better although I still have my sad days and moments.  However when I have them and Brylie is around she always reminds "Mommy be happy don't cry, uncle Mike is happy.  Uncle Mike loves you."  She warms my heart and I know that she is absolutely correct.  I believe with all my heart that her veil is very thin and she has stayed so close to the veil.  I believe God has a special mission for her and if I do say so myself she is doing an incredible job on her mission. 

Brylie came into this world a fighter.  From the time she was just a few weeks old whenever she ate she would projectile vomit everywhere (ok I know you all wanted to hear that so much sorry) she also could not go to the bathroom.  Our doctor told us it was a severe case of acid reflux.  When you become a mom I think you are granted this 6th sense.  You know what is true and what is not true about your child.  I knew Brylie didn't have acid reflux yet no one would listen to me.  Finally after about 2 years someone finally figured it all out she has Arnold Chiari and Hydrocephalus and would need to have a shunt put in.  It was a scary time for our family.  This meant they would have to drill into Brys head and I wasn't sure I could handle that.  Needless to say everything went fine.  During all of this all the throwing up and so many more problems Brylie never lost her happiness.  After surgery she came out smiling happy as could be. 
Brylie is always happy she always has a big smile on her face and a hug for everyone.  She sees people as people.  She doesn't see skin color, deformities, fat, skinny, smart, not so smart she sees beyond all of that and sees what is inside every single one of us.  She loves every person she meets and it seems as though they are instantly attracted to her.

I don't know what I have done to be so deserving of such an amazing child to be brought into my life.  She is what everyone in our family has needed she has filled our hearts with so much joy, happiness and love. 
I think Heavenly Father knew my journey in life would have some bumps along the way, he knew at some point my heart would be harden and I would start to lose my way in this life.  I believe without a single doubt in my mind that he sent her here to soften my heart, to make me see the world an the people in this world in a different way.  She shows me that each day has beauty in it and everyone is deserving of love like they have never known.  Unbelievable things have happened since she has been in my life.  I have been touched like I have never felt before I have been LOVED as I never have before.  I thank Heavenly Father for caring for me so much to know exactly what I would need in this life.  He knew it would take a special someone and he delivered her into my arms.  I have learned from her and her struggles that no one deserves to be judged for we don't know the battles they may be fighting in their own lives.  Every single person deserves to be treated equal and deserves to be treated how we ourselves want to be treated. 

I want to apologize to any one and everyone who may read this who I may have made feel bad, uncomfortable or that I don't like you.  I am sorry if I have ever judged you, talked not so nice of you or been snotty to you.  I am trying to change.  I am trying to be more like HER.  Mostly I want to thank my little girl Brylie.  Thank you for showing me just how beautiful life can be thank you for loving me unconditionally and for always seeing past what I think are flaws in myself.  I love you more than words will ever be able to describe.  You my princess are beautiful inside and out and you are wise beyond your years.  Heaven holds a special place for you and I hope I can be deserving enough to be next to you when that time comes.  I love you!


1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Brylie is truly a special little angel. I love her so much!!