Monday, June 10, 2013

Memory Monday

Hi peeps.  It has been a while since I have blogged.  I am going to change that (I seriously am going to try better this time around.)  A lot of things have been happening in my life the last little while.  Which is part of the reason I have not been keeping up on here.  I have been sad and happy, stressed and blessed all at the same time.  It has been a crazy little while here in my world.
With my week being a really crappy one I figured I would make my blog happy.  That is how the world should be.  So today is now Memory Monday on my blog!  Hopefully I can remember enough memories lol!

The memory I chose for today is one of my favorites a  memory that has been on my mind a lot lately.  I am not sure why but ever since my brother passed away this memory hits me every single day.  It is a simple memory but the thing I think remember most from this memory is my brothers smile.  I have been trying to find words to describe his smile.  Contagious, lively, happy but most important was the way I felt seeing it I felt loved and warm inside.  His smile alone made me feel as though my heart were full and everything in the world was perfect.  Who knew a smile from one person could be so amazing.

When we were little my brothers best friend Chad pretty much lived at our house.  Chad and Mike were always either teaching me how to get into trouble or they would gang up on me although they were never mean, at least that is how I like to think.  Whether they were throwing tennis balls at me, teaching me how to slide down the stairs in sleeping bags (by they way this was a ton of fun!!!) or hiding things from me they were always finding something to pester the little sister with.  One day when they came down stairs I was in our, at the time play room/ tv room, coloring away in my coloring book with some new markers.  Of course one of them ,I am not sure which one started, but the other of course followed in the others footsteps and took one too.  I got mad at this point.  Hello if you don't know me I love pens, pencils, markers and crayons and here they were stealing my brand new markers.  I finally blew, I took the lid off of one and threw it at them.  I hit my target and a big purple line ran down Chads face!  Victory was mine for about a second if that.  Little did I know by doing that I started a full blown marker war.  There were markers flying everywhere.  As you would run for cover markers would be flying towards you in all directions.  I remember laughing so hard.  I soon forgot how this whole war started the three of us were just having so much fun.  By the time our marker war ended we were each colored with marker lines all over us.

I love this memory.  It probably seems like such a strange memory but to me it holds a special place in my heart.  It reminds me of a simpler time.  A time when all things were never taken too seriously and life was about having fun with family and friends.  In my mind I can see both of their faces and it brings a smile to my face.  A smile that today was surely needed!

1 comment:

Denise H. said...

Oh Goodness that is HILARIOUS! I can just picture it now :) That isn't a silly memory at all. It's amazing the things we forget over time, so writing happy memories down, means we will always remember them.

Also, when I think about your brother I always remember his smile. His smile brightened my day, made me feel safe and loved.