Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuedays Tips

To make blogging a little easier for me I have decided to follow my friend Denise's daily blog ideas.  Thanks Denise for making me look forward to blogging and ideas to blog about:)
So Tuesdays will now be Tuesday's Tips.  Any craft tip I can share, recipe or really anything I will share with you.


On Friday Brylie had her tonsils and adenoids removed.  Which is not fun.  We have had to eat a lot of soft foods.  So mostly we have eaten soup, cottage cheese, pancakes, mac n cheese and mashed potatoes.  The day of her surgery when we got home I found a good recipe for some Cream of Broccoli and decided to make it.  It would be something easy for Brylie to eat plus the warmth would help her that much more.  I wasn't sure about this recipe because I have one recipe that I love and I hate to try new things.  Once I go done making my soup I got a spoon and took a taste.  DELICIOUS is what hit my mouth.  This soup is so yummy and best of all it only takes about a half hour start to finish.  I decided I will share the recipe so you can enjoy it as well:)  I doubled mine but the recipe below is not doubled:

1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken
1 tsp chicken bouillon
Broccoli
4 baking potatoes peeled and cubed
1 cup sour cream
2 cups water

Put your water, peeled and cut potatoes, chicken bouillon, and broccoli into a pan salt and pepper to taste and boil until veggies are soft.  When they are done mash the veggies.  Mix in your cream of chicken soup and sour cream.  DONE! See told you it was super super easy.  The only thing I did different on mine other than doubling it was I added an extra tsp of chicken bouillon.  You can add cheese or carrots just depending on what you like. 

So there you have it some delicious soup for a cold night or just for a wonderful and easy meal:)  Happy eating all!!!

1 comment:

Denise H. said...

Oh I love Cream of Broccoli soup but have never had it turn out when I made it before. I am going to try your recipe. Thanks Jess!